Monday, December 6, 2010

Bad Brain

Ethan and I are sitting on the couch together, watching home videos. He has been a handful today... quite needy and whiny...

Ethan: Mom?

Me: What?

Ethan: Uhm.. I did something that I think you are going to get mad about.

Me: Okay. What?

Ethan: Uhm... you know my bear?

He shows me his bear.

Ethan: He has this yellow rain hat? I was holding him up to the fireplace glass and his hat kinda melted on the fireplace glass.

pause

Ethan: See? See his hat? It lost its yellow.

Me: I see that.

Ethan: And see? See the fireplace? You can kinda see the yellow on it.

I look over at the fireplace and sigh.

Me: I see that too.

pause

Ethan: I'm sorry mom. My brain is making me do it.

Me: What is your brain making you do?

Ethan: My brain. My brain isn't working right today. It's making me do things I shouldn't do...

pause

Ethan: Like whine a lot...

pause

Ethan: ...and put my bear on the fireplace

pause

Ethan: ...and stuff like that.

Me: I'm sorry to hear your brain isn't working.

Ethan: (sigh)... Yeah. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment