Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snippy snippy

I was sitting at the walk-in clinic waiting room with Zayd and Evan on either side. There were lots of babies around... and I was ooo-ing and awww-ing over each and every one of them.

Evan: Do you want another baby?

Me: Oh... It sounds nice, but no, no I don't. Not anymore. I couldn't have one anyways.

Evan: Too old?

Nice.

Me: No, your dad got the snippy-snippy.

Which, by the way, is what my mom calls it. I think it has a nice ring to it.

Zayd does his little snort-laugh.

Zayd: Too much information.

pause

Evan's eyes grow very wide.

Evan: Uhm. You mean... Do you mean?

He leans in to get closer to my ear.

Evan: Do you mean he got it cut off? (he's pointing to his crotch... subtly, of course)

Me: What?

Zayd: Oh my God Evan! (he starts laughing uncontrollably) Oh my God! You don't know what that means?

Me: Evan. No. He didn't get his penis cut off.

Evan: Oh.... Thank God. I just thought... I don't know.

pause

Evan: Do you mean he got his... his... other parts cut off?

Me: What other parts?

Evan: (He lowers his voice) His nuts?

Me: Holy cow child! No!

Evan: Oh!

Zayd, still laughing from the earlier exchange, now is laughing even harder.

Me: Evan! It is not that traumatic. Goodness! The little tubes that carry sperm from the testicles are snipped. They are just little tubes that are cut. It only takes the doctor about 10 minutes and that's it.

Evan: Ooooohhhhh. Yeah. I knew that. I think I knew that.

pause

Evan: Thank God. (he lets out a huge sigh and sits back in his chair).

No comments:

Post a Comment