Monday, May 3, 2010

Navigator

This weekend, Zach and I ran some errands.

He was more than happy to go wherever I wanted to go because he has been grounded for the last 6 weeks.

Note: WE (his dad and I) did not ground him for 6 weeks. WE grounded him until he got his grades up. HE has chosen to take... let's see now...  Oh, that's right... 6 weeks. Not because it is not possible for him to do it in less time...

Apparently he likes to be grounded.

But...that's another story.

Did I mention I have a lot of time on my hands now that I don't have a dissertation to write?

I do. I love it. I get to do all these things I haven't been able to do. Five years of not doing stuff I like to do.

One thing I love doing is art. All kinds of art - drawing, painting, kid's projects... all of it. Zayd, Ethan and I have taken weekend parent/child art classes at the art museum for the last few weeks.

But I digress.

So, Zach and I are at a hobby store, picking up some supplies for an art project Ethan wants to do. Zach is following me around with the shopping cart which isn't easy because the aisles are quite narrow.

To which he points out to me with a straight face:

Zach: It's a good thing that I am a Lt. Commander of a starship.  I've taken a lot of advanced starship piloting classes... which makes me well qualified to navigate these narrow aisles.

pause

Me: Thank you.

Zach: No problem ma'am.

No comments:

Post a Comment