Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Calgon, take me away...

I'm lying in bed this morning - it's 6:30 am. I hear one of the boys go into the bathroom and the door shuts. A few seconds later, the the lock clicks. It must be one of the two older ones.

The water is running...hmmm... it sounds different. 

Another door opens, and a few moments later I hear a tap tap on the bathroom door. I look at the clock - 6:34 am

A muffled voice followed by:

Zach: What are you doing?

Ah... Evan made it in before Zach.

The water shuts off... I hear Evan respond, but I can't make out what he is saying.

Zach: I said, WHAT are you doing?

a louder response

Zach: What?! You are taking a bath?!

no response

Zach. No. No. No. There ARE no baths in the morning.

omg - he sounds exactly like me. 

no response.

Zach: Evan - if you wanted to take a bath - you should have taken it last night.

Now I hear the younger ones... omg. It is now 6:40 am. Do I seriously need to get out of bed this early? Isn't it bad enough that the male I sleep with wakes up at 5:30 am EVERY SINGLE MORNING? 

I get up. It is obvious by the heightened anger and volume of the voices I am hearing, it is time to intervene.

Argh.

I come out to the hallway.

Zach is standing there in his NDSU flannel pants and no shirt. Zayd is in his pjs watching, and Ethan, in shorts and a tee - dressed for school. (it is 45 degrees outside).

I knock on the bathroom door - with force.

no response.

Me: Evan!

Evan: What!

Me: Evan! Get out of the tub. There are three other people who need this bathroom to get ready for school. If you wanted to take a luxurious bath, you should have done that last night.

pause

Zayd: I took my luxurious bath last night.







1 comment: