Friday, April 16, 2010

Gamma radiation and midi-chlorians

I was driving with Zach in the car. I was in a foul mood.

Me: Oh. Great. Yeah. Just walk right in the middle of the parking lot so I have to drive behind you at 1 mile and hour. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.  (I huffed about a woman who was in my way as I was looking for a parking spot at Target).

A few moments later.

Me: Good God! Why bother parking in between the lines when you could park right on top of them!

A few moments later we get out of the car. We walk by a car with a dog barking in it.

Zach: Stupid dog! Sitting there and barking like an idiot!

Me: Why did you say that?

Zach: I didn't want to miss out on all the fun you were having.

***

After our Target trip, we get back into the car.

Me: I don't know why I am in such a crabby mood today. I hate that. I don't want to be in a crabby mood.

Zach: Do you want me to figure it out?

Me: Uhmmm... you can't figure it out.

Zach: You don't know me very well.

Me: Fine. What's wrong with me?

Zach: Have you ever been exposed to gamma radiation? (he says in a serious voice, totally straight-faced).

Me: What?!

Zach: Just answer the question please.

Me: No. What would that mean if I had?

pause

Zach: Bruce Banner?

pause

Me: Oh! The Green Hulk?

Zach: The Incredible Hulk mom. He's incredible.

(I start laughing...)

Zach: Have you ever been bit by a spider?

Me: (I burst out laughing). No!

Zach: Have you ever worn a ring with a green lantern on it?

I am trying to remember which character did that...

Me: No. Why?

Zach: Don't ask questions please.

Me: Sorry. But I just want to know...

(he cuts me off)

Zach: Shhh. Shh. Sh. Just focus on my questions.

pause

Zach: Are you force-sensitive or do you have high levels of midi-chlorians in your blood?

Me: What?!

Zach: Mom. Mom. Mom. You aren't being helpful. You need to focus on my questions and answer honestly.

Me: I don't think so. What would happen if I was?

Zach: You'd be a Jedi.

I start laughing again.


Me: Are Jedi's always in a bad moods?

He sighs

Zach: Mom. Darth Vader.

Me: Ooohhhhh. Of course. Do you think that's my problem? I'm Darth Vader?

Zach: There's only one Darth Vader mom.

Me: So why are you asking me about that!

Zach: Shhhhh.... calm down. I'm trying to rule out all possibilities.

By that point, I couldn't help but be in a good mood. Zach always knows how to make me laugh. 


God I'm going to miss him when he goes off to college.

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that, after laughing my way through this, I still want to scold you for not knowing the Green Lantern? (Don't worry... It'll be a Ryan Reynolds movie next year, so I'm sure you'll know all about him, then.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I even forgot that the Green Hulk was Incredible.

    ReplyDelete