Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can you put me to bed?

Ethan turns 6 tomorrow and his birthday treasure hunt begins as soon as he wakes up.

He's pretty dang excited. Here are a few funny things he has said already today:

At dinnertime
Ethan: Could you please get me more spaghetti? You have to do it because I get whatever I want because it is my birthday.

We all look at him with our eyebrows raised.

Ethan: Actually I have a list of things I want.

He gets up, goes to the counter and returns with a list written by him. He doesn't know how to read, but he knows how to write his letters.

Ethan: I want all these things.

Me: Uhmm.. well... if you wanted some of this, you should have thought about giving this to us a little earlier.

Paul: You didn't get any of those things.

Ethan: Okay.

He then goes back to eating.

I don't really think he cares what he gets... as long as he gets.

Later at dinner
Would you take my plate please because it is going to be my birthday tomorrow?

At 6:30 pm
Ethan: Where are my presents mom?

Me: I don't know.

Ethan: Yes you do! You know!

Me: I don't. You dad hid them.

Ethan: Argh. When are you going to wrap them?

Me: Later, after you go to bed.

He leaves the room

6:40 pm
Ethan: Can you put me to bed?

Me: It's too early to go to bed Ethan.

Ethan: NO it's NOT! I'm tired!

Me: Even if I put you to bed now, I will not wrap your presents.

pause

Ethan: Well why not!?

Me: Because I will do it later.

He growls and leaves

7:00
Ethan: Okay mom. It's already 7! Can you put me to bed.

Me: Ethan, if you go to bed now, you will have trouble falling asleep.

Ethan: I won't!

Me: Yes you will. You can go to bed when you always go to bed.

He growls.

It's about time for him to come again.
OMG - He seriously JUST walked in the door as I typed that. I am freakin' amazing.

7:30
Ethan: Now can I go to bed

Me: You can get ready for bed

Ethan: Why just get ready for bed?

Me: 'Cause it is too early

Ethan: Too early for bed STILL? Why is it too early? I'm tired.

Me: You're excited.

Ethan: No. I'm tired. I'm really tired.

I was able to type out that conversation as it was happening. He's gone now. I give him.. 10 minutes this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment