Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reading Rainbow

Paul and I are in the kitchen talking, and we can hear singing.


Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high
take a look, it's in a book, it's reading rainbowwwwww!!!!


Me: Who is singing the Reading Rainbow theme song?


Paul:  That would be Zayd.

I can do anything
friends to know, and ways to grow
reading rainbowwwww!



Me: Uhm... where is he?


Paul: In the bathroom.


Zayd has this thing with singing while he is in the bathroom. Zach tells me that it is a bad idea to try to talk to Zayd while he is in the bathroom (if he is quiet), or he will break into song.


He's not just singing Reading Rainbow - he's singing it with a lounge-kinda feel. Like Wayne Newton might sing it. 


He comes out of the bathroom.


Zayd: How do I look?


He is wearing one of those hair clips that stylists use at the salon to hold sections of your hair back while they cut other sections.


He is wearing it on the top of his head. He looks like a Who from Whoville.


Me: Why are you wearing a hair clip?


Zayd: Isn't it for wearing in your hair?


Me: Well... 


pause


Me: Yeah. 


Zayd: Then why wouldn't I wear it in my hair?


Me: Okay.


He walks away, and strikes up another round of Reading Rainbow.





No comments:

Post a Comment