Monday, November 2, 2009

Witchy

Halloween night I answered the door for all the trick-or-treaters dressed as a witch. Among the many kids who came to the door was a 7-year-old girl dressed as a "good witch." She was accompanied by five kids.

Me: (in my best crackly witchy voice) Welcome... welcome!

The kids: Trick-or-treat!

Me: Thank you for coming... I don't get many visitors...

The 7 year old girl: You look like a real witch.

Me: I am a real witch.

pause

To which her eyes grew open like saucers and she took an ever-so-slight step back. It was obvious she believed me. I could just see the nightmare I was going to contribute to that night.

Me: (in my normal voice) I'm kidding sweetie. I'm not a witch.

She finally exhaled and a big smile came across her face.

Whew. That was a close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment