Monday, February 22, 2010

Ethan the single man

I curled up around Ethan last night as he was falling asleep. My chin resting on the top of his head and my arms wrapped around him.

Ethan: Mom? I don't want to get married.

Me: Oh! Okay sweetie. You don't have to get married.

Ethan: I don't?

Me: Of course not.

Ethan: But then what will I do?

Me: What do you mean?

Ethan: I mean, will I have anything to do?

I had to think for a moment what he meant.

Me: Sweetheart. You don't have to be married to do stuff. You can do anything you want to do, and you do not have to be married.

Ethan: But then who will I live with? I want to live with someone but I don't want to marry them.

Me: Okay. You can live with someone and not be married to them.

pause

Me: Who do you want to live with sweet face?

Ethan: You.

No comments:

Post a Comment