Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Armadillos

As I mentioned in the "bikini" post, my family spent more than a week with my sister's in Florida.


Yasmine mentioned that her dog Rudy managed to capture an armadillo recently- they found part of its bloody remains poolside. She told me there are lots of armadillos around.


Me: I've never seen one. I'd really like to see one.


Yasmine: Oh! You can see lots of armadillos in the morning. I see them all the time on the way to teach aerobics at 5:15 am.


By the way, in order to get to a 5:15 am aerobics class, you have to wake up at 4:40 a.m. Yasmine wanted me to attend her aerobics class. I begged her not to make me. For one thing, I hate group exercise. For another - this is supposed to be my vacation. Lastly... HELLO! It's 4:40 a.m.


I went.


I figured, at least I'll get to see my armadillo.


So, we are driving along the dark road towards God knows which fitness center that apparently is open at 4 in the morning and...


Me: Where are all the armadillos?


Yasmine: I don't know. I guess none of them got hit by cars... cuz I see them all the time smashed on the road.


(pause)


Me: You mean I am up at this God forsaken hour to see DEAD armadillos?


Yasmine: Wellllll... yeah.


(pause)


Yasmine: Oh you thought I meant LIVE armadillos? Ohhhh! noooo. Only dead ones. I've never seen a live one.



No comments:

Post a Comment