Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mr. Charming

This morning my 6-year-old needed to know how skirts and tights "worked." He walked into my room this morning just as I was finished dressing for the day. He stopped and a funny smile came across his face. A shy smile

Ethan: Why are you wearing a skirt mom?

Me: Because I dress up for work. I like them sometimes.

pause

Me: Do you like my skirt?

Ethan: Yes. (He smiles shyly again)

pause

Ethan: What is that stuff on the bottom?

I was wearing a long wool skirt with fringe on the bottom, coupled with some riding-style black boots.

Me: Fringe. What do you think of it?

Ethan: I like it. (He turns his face slightly to hide his smile).

pause

Ethan: Why are you wearing boots?

Me: Because I think it looks good with the skirt. What do you think?

Ethan: Yes (smiling shyly again).

Hmmmm


pause 

He looks at it more closely.

Ethan: How did you get the skirt on?

Me: What do you mean?

Ethan: I don't know how you got it on?

Me: (I show him the zipper). I just slipped it on.

Ethan: Oh.

He sees the tights I am wearing.

Ethan: What are those!?

Me: Tights!

I pull on them and let them snap back.

Ethan tries to do the same...

Ethan: They are soft.

Me: Yes.

pause

Me: So what do you think? Does mommy look pretty?

pause

Ethan: (smile) Yes.

I have trained him well. 

He gives me a great big hug and kiss and bounds out of the room.


Ooo... no prompting on that one. He is a natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment