Thursday, December 17, 2009

Negative guy

On the drive to school this morning with Zayd, 9, and Ethan, 6.

Zayd: (in a monotone and depressed sounding voice) Next week is Christmas.

Me: I know! It's so exciting!

Ethan: I am excited for presents!

Zayd: (sigh) I am sad.

Ethan: Why?

Zayd: I keep thinking about Valentines Day last year.

Seriously?


Me: Why are you thinking about Valentines Day last year?

Zayd: Because it was a very bad day for me.

wow

Zayd: (sigh).

Ethan: Why? Why was it bad?

Zayd: Because you (Ethan) hit me that day and hurt me.

pause

Me: Zayd? How about we stay in the present, huh? We were talking about how exciting Christmas will be. Why do you need to bring up something yucky when we are talking about something happy?

pause

Zayd: Because I am a negative person.

omg

No comments:

Post a Comment