Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ethan's workout

Zach, Ethan and I were in the car today, when Ethan announced from the backseat:

Ethan: My pee pee is exercising.

I bit my bottom lip and Zach turned to the window to keep from laughing.

Finally Zach spoke.

Zach: What's going on back there, Ethan?

Ethan: I said my pee pee is exercising.

Zach: How do you know it is exercising?

Ethan: Because it is sticking straight up.

pause

Me: Does it hurt?

Zach turns to me with a "What the ?? are you talking about" look...

Zach: (whispering) Why would it hurt?

Me: I don't KNOW? How would I know? Maybe it hurts!

Can't it just hurt? I mean, he's only 6...

Ethan: No.

Zach: Ethan - why do you say if it is sticking out it is exercising?

Me: Because way back when he told me it was sticking straight out, he asked me what it was doing and I told him it was exercising.

Zach looks at me again with this "What the?" look. Actually, I thought my response was genius.

Me: What was I supposed to say!?

pause

Ethan makes another announcement from the backseat:

Ethan: Okay. It's breathing now. It's done exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment