Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Words of Wisdom

On Monday I came home from work, worked up. I needed to vent so I plopped myself on the couch and my dear husband sat and let me bend his ear for a good hour.

At some point during my emotional tirade, Ethan, my 6-year-old, climbed onto my lap and held my hands without my noticing.

When I finally took a breath, he jumped right in:

Ethan: Mom. Just settle down... settle down.

He took one of my hands and started patting it.

Ethan: Just take a minute mom. You need to settle down. (He said gently).

Me: What?

Ethan: You just need to forget about it. Just forget about it. Stop thinking about it.

What? What?

Me: Really.

Ethan: Yes. You are getting too upset. It's gonna be okay.

He continued patting my hand...

...and drained the hot air right out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment