Sunday, January 31, 2010

Claim it

The newest craze at the Amundson house?

Claiming other's burps.

When one of the boys burps... another one will raise his hand and say

"I claim that."

It's been going on for about a week now.

Zach tells me that this afternoon, Ethan let out an award-winning one.

Zach: So after lunch Ethan gets up and says, "I'm going to have one of those cupcakes for a..."
and then he burps out the word "Ssssnnnnaaaaackkkkk."

pause

Ethan is standing right by him, smiling at me proudly.

Zach: It was amazing. AMAZING. It was long and powerful and loud. I mean, the house vibrated from it. Awesome. Didn't you hear it?

Me: No.

Zach: I'm surprised. It was... it was... incredible.

pause

Me: So, did you claim it?

Zach: Sadly, no. Zayd claimed it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment