Friday, January 1, 2010

Can-ee-choowa

I am typing up a blog entry and Ethan is working on his Lite-Brite next to me...

He starts singing something and I only catch the last few words...

Ethan: ...and that's how you say thank you in Chineseeeeeee! (singing)

I look up from typing

Me: Huh?

Ethan: What?

Me: What did you say?

Ethan: Nothing.

Me: No. You said something about Chinese?

Ethan: Oh. Thank you in Chinese.

Me: You know how to say thank you in Chinese?

Ethan: Yes. Can-ee-choowa.

pause

I am looking totally puzzled. Is he pulling my leg?

Me: How do you know that?

He gives me a look like, "Are you seriously THAT dumb mom? How do you think I learned it?"

Ethan: I learned it on TV.

He gives me a snort laugh and gets back to his Lite Bright.

I still have no idea if he is pulling my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment